My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.melissamcclure.net
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Sydney's Super Sweet Bat Mitzvah!

Last month, I had the pleasure of working with the very kind and very talented Darin Fong. He was looking for an assistant to shoot a Bat Mitzvah and I stepped up since I had never experienced one before!

I was shocked at the effort that was put in to making Sydney's 13 birthday and Jewish tradition perfect! The ceremony was held down the street at the Congregation Beth Israel and the after party was down the street at the La Jolla Hyatt.

The colors were pink and brown, and the Hyatt did a fantastic job at everything! You can tell there is so much planning that went in to this!

Act 1 was the cocktail party:
mmmmmm...my favorite....
Smoothies for the kids!
Lots of games, like DDR, Wii, Motorcycle games, etc:
Each guest got their name airbrushed on a pair of pink shorts:

You sit in front of the green screen and it puts your head on a dancing body! The birthday girl is in the middle:


Guests could custom make bracelets with their names:
On to Act 2! The adult's tables:
The bar area:
Sydney getting down with the Wayne Foster Entertainment Group!

Sydney's grand entrance: Horah time!
Showing off her moves! (she had shorts on underneath!)
My dinner! haha The kids had choices between chinese food, jack in the box, pizza and a few others!
The fun props from Wayne Foster:

Sooooo many kids! 200 were there!
The kids food area:

The proud mom and dad:


I had such a fun time! I'd love to shoot any Bar/Bat Mitzvah's in the future, if anyone is looking for a photographer!
XOXO,
M

4 comments:

Jen Harris said...

definitely surreal!!! I can't believe the details that went into it! Photos look awesome as usual!
XOXO

Dawn Malone said...

WOW! What a party! Looks like fun.

Melissa Koehler said...

Wow! Looks like so much fun! I wish someone would throw me a party like that :)

Anonymous said...

omg.I WAS THERE!
im in the eighth picture.
it was a pretty good partyy.
some of the food was a little off.
but other than that, it was AWESOME
i bought her gift from abercrombiee.

Welcome!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog. On here, you will find my most recent photo shoots and weddings along with some other things that you may find interesting. If you are getting married, please check out my website at www.melissamcclure.com I welcome all comments and critiques!

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States