My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.melissamcclure.net
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Amanda and the Rose Garden

Sounds like a book title doesn't it? I got to spend my day with a sorority sister that I haven't seen in about 6 years! We reconnected again on Myspace and when I learned that she had moved from the Midwest to Portland, I knew it wouldn't be long before we got to see each other again!

She met my parents and myself at Daro's kitchen. Its a new Ethiopian restaurant that we hadn't tried yet. (btw, service was a little shoddy, but the food was great!)

After, Amanda took me to the Rose Garden to walk around.





The beautiful Amanda:
Aren't these great clouds?
The view of Portland!
We went to the trendy area of Portland and stopped at a chocolate bar called Moonstruck. Amanda got the Champagne truffle (on left) and I got a Cookies and Cream cone. YUM!
We stopped by Bartini for happy hour martinis:
This last photo is a bit of a non-sequitor, but this is my grandmother's wedding ring that she left my mother. My father never gave my mom a diamond (by mutual decision) 37 years ago. We think that may be why my gramma was so adamant that my mother (her daughter in law) have this ring! It's stunning, I just had to take a photo of it!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet memory for your mom! I know your grandma cared a lot for her! The roses are so beautiful.
Love, Rhonda

Welcome!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog. On here, you will find my most recent photo shoots and weddings along with some other things that you may find interesting. If you are getting married, please check out my website at www.melissamcclure.com I welcome all comments and critiques!

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States