My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.melissamcclure.net
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Turkey Eating and Football Watching Day!

I've always loved Thanksgiving. Hanging out with cool family, eating awesome food and football during the week - what could be better than that!


I am so thankful for my family, my friends and my health. I hope all of you know how much I appreciate you even if I can't find the words sometimes.


Last night, Tim and I stopped at KFC to grab a quick bite to eat. We were sitting in a booth enjoying our bisquits when two men walked in. I didn't notice them since my back was to them but Tim was watching them the whole time.


When they parted ways Tim pointed out to me that one of the gentlemen was homeless and the other just bought him a hot meal. It warmed both of our hearts. We talked about how thoughtful that was and that more people should think that way on a daily basis.


After the meal, I went to wait in the car to make a phone call while Tim went back for another round of bisquits. From the car, I watched a different homeless man (I say man, but he couldn't have been older than me) walk in the KFC to use the restroom.


Tim noticed him too, and while the man was in the bathroom, Tim ordered an extra meal for him. When he came out of the bathroom, Tim had it waiting for him. He was very thankful.

I hope everyone will find a random act of kindness to perform this holiday season and even after the holiday's.


Happy Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessings to you and Tim! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day.

I'll be home in the morning with the girls as the parents are going shopping.

Rhonda

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

awesome story melissa! many blessings to you and tim. happy thanksgiving!

Jasmine said...

What an awesome story!! :)

Welcome!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog. On here, you will find my most recent photo shoots and weddings along with some other things that you may find interesting. If you are getting married, please check out my website at www.melissamcclure.com I welcome all comments and critiques!

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States