My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.melissamcclure.net
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter Sunday in Parkdale

It's always to nice to see my extended McClure family. I don't get up here as often as I should. My little cousins are getting so big now, I remember when they were just babies! Now the babies are 16 and 13!

My aunt and uncle live is a gorgeous house that he built in Parkdale, OR. Basically at the base of Mt. Hood.
The view from their wrap-around porch:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My 16 year old cousin Spencer is very musical (like his dad):
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My beautiful 95 year old Grandmother, Charlotte. She was the reason for the trip:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Evan (13 year old) and Gramma:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Spencer and Gramma:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The two people that created me:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We had a gluten-free Easter lunch, including rice crackers and smoked Salmon. Evan did a wonderful job of arranging the salmon :) :
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My gramma is a writer, second and a poet first. She has been writing limericks forever! In her 70's she took a creative writing class and for her assignments, she wrote stories about her life. Each of the grandkids took turns reading a story from that class. We laughed, we smiled and I even saw a tear or two.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My dad is such a quiet person, its a treat when he laughs:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Aunt Kathy and Uncle Dave welcomed us in to their home with open arms:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So glad Beza was able to make the trip up with me, gramma was happy to see her too:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Justin was able to make it up from Eugene, with help from his girlfriend Julie. (side note, Justin and I are exactly 3 days apart. I'm older):
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
David, my dads little brother. My Aunt Linda and Uncle Dave were also able to make it. Their kids had other plans (one is India!) so we missed them:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Gramma and the Grandkids:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Gramma and everyone else:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It was a nice, emotional weekend, very glad I made it!

3 comments:

Jen Harris said...

It looks like a great reunion! Glad you had a fun can't wait for you to come home!

Anonymous said...

Melissa, these pictures are so awesome. You've captured such detail and interesting bits of time and space with such professionalism. I can't stop re-visiting these pictures and enjoying the moments.

Thanks for being a part of the fun and memories, and for sharing your talents...

Love from your Aunt Kathy

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud to hve such a talented niece! You captured the feelings and emotions of the family in such a loving way. I wish Mom had enough vision left to see your tribute to her.

Love, Aunt Linda

Welcome!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog. On here, you will find my most recent photo shoots and weddings along with some other things that you may find interesting. If you are getting married, please check out my website at www.melissamcclure.com I welcome all comments and critiques!

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States