My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.melissamcclure.net
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

It ain't east being green...

My close friend Kirsten is trying to live her life "green" (as much as possible). Therefore her wedding is going to have a green theme to it. I think it is awesome that she is so enviornmentally aware. I wish more people were like her. I've been keeping my eyes open for ideas for her wedding (I see enough of them!)

Some good ideas from Green Elegance Wedding:

Give tree donation certificates or saplings as wedding favors. Donate to an organization that will plant the trees on your guests’ behalf, or give each guest a tree-in-a-box to plant in commemoration of your wedding.

Choose wedding apparel made of sustainable fabrics or reuse garments that have been lovingly worn.

Serve a vegetarian menu at your reception, preferably with locally grown organic produce.

Avoid serving farmed salmon. If you decide to serve fish at your reception, make sure that it is wild rather than farm-raised.


Here are a few websites if you are interested in incorporating some green in your wedding:
www.greenweddings.net
www.idofoundation.org/
www.greeneleganceweddings.com
http://www.justgive.org/worldwildlifefund/weddings/index.jsp

No comments:

Welcome!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog. On here, you will find my most recent photo shoots and weddings along with some other things that you may find interesting. If you are getting married, please check out my website at www.melissamcclure.com I welcome all comments and critiques!

About Me

My photo
San Diego, CA, United States